Kia Ora Netball Club goals, expectations and some friendly reminders:
- Play for the FUN! of it, not just to win
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately fouling or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted in any sport
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach the official during half time
- Remember that umpires are people too and work hard to give everyone a fair game. YOU too will have your turn at umpiring
- Be a good sport. Cheer all good plays whether they are by your team or the opposition
- Co-operate with your umpires, captain, team-mates and opponents. Without them there wouldn’t be a game.
- Communicate with your Coach or Team Manager:
(a) Let them know if there is anything you specifically want to learn.
(b) Advise the coach at the beginning of the season if you will be away for any games.
(c) Give them feedback on their coaching and they will give feedback on your game.
(d) Endeavour to attend all training sessions.
- Communicate with your Captain:
(a) Let the captain know if you are not going to make it to training by at least midday on the day of training if not sooner.
- Time of Arrival at Saturday Games. MUST be at courts 1 hour prior to game starts or as instructed by your coach
- Support other teams each Saturday if you are able to
- Support The Williams Group of venues as much as possible.
- Attend Club Nights on the first Saturday of every month if possible.
- Fundraise as required throughout the season. This is a pre requisite of all members.
- Hold at least 1 Team Dinner within first 4 weeks
- Report for Umpiring duty – all players must have their turn at umpiring. Rosters are to be supplied by Team Captain. Failure to report for umpiring is a fine of $40.00 (to Netball Wellington Centre) and the loss of two (2) match points. This fine is to be paid for by the players who omitted turning up for umpiring duties.
- It is the whole teams’ responsibility for the care of all team equipment that has been supplied by the club, i.e. balls, bibs, stop watches, whistles etc. If anything goes missing the whole team is responsible for replacing the lost equipment
- All Uniforms must be looked after and returned on the last playing Saturday of the season or the club will issue an invoice for them
- No jewellery to be worn during games
- Fingernails must be cut short for game
- All monies due for subs and uniform hire must be paid by 31st May each playing year.